Administration Manager/Assistant Clerk
Work Location: Havelock, NB
Butternut Valley is a new local government in southern New Brunswick. Established on Jan 1, 2023,
Butternut Valley Rural Community was created as part of the province-wide Local Government reform,
and was born by uniting four former Local Service Districts (Havelock, Brunswick, Johnston and Studholm)
in Kings and Queens County. With a population of 5500 people, we may be new, but we are on the path
to great growth! We’d love for you to join us and help us build!
The Administration Manager/Assistant Clerk is responsible for the management of the administration
department including, but not limited to, records management, by-law development, policy drafting and
review, community development and right-to-information requests for the municipality.
• Participates in the development of new by-laws, new policies and new contracts including
researching and gathering information, preparing drafts for review by the Chief Administrative
Officer, the relevant Committee and finalizing drafts to present to Council for approval;
• Supervises staff within the department;
• Responds to straightforward complaints and concerns from local citizens, elected officials, and
businesses, and direct inquiries to appropriate staff or officials as required.
• Develops and maintains a working knowledge of the Local Governance Act;
• Assists with funding applications and grant proposals as required;
• Works with various stakeholders to promote economic and community development initiatives.
We are new and young and growing, and are looking for someone who is flexible, with a sense of initiative,
a creative mindset and a passion for growth!
• A degree or diploma from a post-secondary college or university in a relevant discipline;
• 2-3 years supervisory (human resources) experience;
• Communication skills (verbally and in writing) and interpersonal skills;
• Valid New Brunswick driver’s license;
• Clean criminal record check;
• Experience in an office work environment. Demonstrated proficiency in using Microsoft Office
programs, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook;
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
The following would be considered an asset:
• Standard First Aid and CPR certificate;
• 2-3 years of experience in municipal administration;
• A certificate in local government administration.
Butternut Valley provides a benefits package to full-time employees which includes:
• Health and Dental Benefits
• Vacation time
• Professional development opportunities
• Salary range for this position is $52,694 – $63,930.
Deadline for Applications: Thursday, February 15, 2024.
Interested candidates may apply by submitting a detailed resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Butternut Valley thanks all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.